The Critical Role of Self Storage Facility Managers
The Important Role that Self-Storage Facility Managers Play
What is a Self Storage Facility Manager?
Storage facility managers are the people who make sure that everything runs smoothly in a commercial storage space. They get informed about new tenants, take care of their needs and keep an eye on what's going around to prevent any problems before they arise.
They need to be aware and attentive enough to any issues or concerns regarding the physical space, as well as its daily maintenance tasks like upgrading fixtures & equipment if necessary; all while ensuring an efficient workflow between staff members working within each department (i.e., accounting).
What are the Major Responsibilities of a Facility Manager?
The storage facility manager is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of customers' stored possessions. They must conduct daily property surveillance, and take care in maintaining an adequate level of protection at all times by keeping up with regular maintenance on equipment including opening windows during extreme heat waves or cold weather to prevent theft from inside buildings while also making sure no one antisocial individuals have access to these areas when not authorized which could lead them into more serious crimes like burglary!
Marketing is a necessary component to the success of any business. Self Storage Managers are in charge of marketing their facility and attracting new customers; as well as making sure that potential tenants know about all their perks and what makes them different from the rest.
Training New Hires
The importance of being trained as an employee for any business cannot be overstated. In the self storage industry, new employees need to know how everything works and what is expected from them before they can start helping customers with their belongings!
Facility Managers conduct training sessions for new employees to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge in order for them be able to address and take action on various issues that may arise - which can include everything from basic customer service queries to managing inventory efficiently among other tasks.
Qualities of a Successful Self Storage Facility Manager
A successful storage facility manager embodies the qualities below...
- Maintains a positive attitude and has the ability to work well under pressure. They must also be willing to learn new things and be adaptable to change.
- Possesses strong leadership skills and ability to motivate their staff. They should also have a good understanding of the business side of the operation, including marketing and finances.
- Always looking for ways to improve the operation of the facility. They should constantly strive to make the facility more efficient and effective. They are willing to listen to suggestions from employees and customers and be open to new ideas and approaches.
- Awareness of the latest trends in the storage industry. They should stay up-to-date on new products and services that are available, be familiar with the latest technology that is being used in the storage industry, and be able to use this knowledge to improve the operation of the facility.
- A storage facility manager should always be willing to take on new challenges. They should never shy away from a challenge but instead, embrace it.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to their job.
If you are considering a career in self storage, Arco's Self Storage is always looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join our team! Get in touch with us today to learn more about available career opportunities!